Tuesday, February 14, 2006





Here's the summer bargello I made for my Quilt University class. It looks like summer to me! This time the bargello matches at the seams (the spring one was staggered), making it harder to put together.

I haven't chosen a border for my spring bargello yet, but I'm considering a pencil thin, peach border next to the summer bargello, with a bigger purple border. I'll do "broderie perse" with the flower fabric on the border, letting some of the flowers come onto the bargello. (Broderie perse is Persian embroidery, where you applique a design that is cut from a fabric.) Here's a closeup (blurry, sorry) of a section of the bargello so you can see the fabrics. The flowers are all cut up in the bargello, but I'd like them in the border because they're pretty. I'm also posting a photo of the flower fabric.

No comments: