Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Playing with the frogs

Can you see the problem? I didn't until I put it up on the design wall, and even then it took me a minute to figure out where the problem was. In the spirit of wonkiness and freedom, I considered leaving it, but my mental image of what I wanted was just too different. So I decided to do the frog stitch (rip-it, rip-it) and fix the problem. It wasn't a simple fix and I should probably have just started over, but I didn't.
Here's what I ended up with. I'm so much happier! :)

Oops, well, I was much happier until I previewed this post. In the photo I prefer the first a, but in real life it looked weird. Anyhow, I am NOT re-redoing it!

6 comments:

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

what the heck??? you're crazy!!! perfectly great "a" and you're picking on it. and destroying it. sigh. next time make a new one and send me the fun one! I'd have found a great home for it.

Belvie said...

Both of them look like "A" to me. I'm not fond of frog sewing either. It's so much more fun to "construct" rather than "destruct"!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Too funny... I was going to say what Tonya already said - don't take it out, just make a new one! (never - ha, ha - had this problem with any of my letters... yeah, right!)

LOVE that shade of blue!

The Calico Cat said...

I had to look like 3 or 4 times to see the faux oops...

ROZ said...

I was looking at the background instead of the letter--it took me a couple of minutes to realize the difference. I've got to try those letters really soon. But so many UFO's so little time.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved the frog stitch(rip-it)did my share while quilting this week...will post finished under the sea quilt later today.