Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks, Kate!

Last week Kate noticed on Facebook that it was my birthday, so she sent me birthday wishes via a postcard that I had so shamelessly admired on her blog. She has a wonderful tree series that you can see here, and now one of those trees is mine! It's sitting next to my computer so that I can glance over at it whenever I wish, and eventually I will hang it near my sewing machine for inspiration. I'd like to do a tree series one day, too. Thanks so much, Kate!

(Sorry the photo is blurry -- this was the better of two photos. I have a hard time with closeups.)

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a nice surprise! Happy Birthday!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Happy belated birthday.Lovely postcard. I too love beets..and am looking for a beet salad that was readily available in South Africa...but can't find the recipe here at all. It was sweet and tangy...not sure what they put in it..but yummy.

dutchcomfort said...

Happy Birthday!!

Belvie said...

Lovely card! Happy Birthday to you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy birthday ~ glad you had a good time in Canada!! Loved that photo of the old building showing in the new building's glass!!

We grew beets when we lived in northern Indiana - the ones you showed are whoppers! (canned them, pickled them, ate them for dinner fresh from the garden.... ummmmmm)

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun post card. How nice of Kate.

Kate North said...

Glad it got there safely - I do enjoy doing trees...

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Happy birthday! Lovely embroidered trees

meggie said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely gift!

Clare said...

Aren't you the lucky one! Lovely birthday gift. Love the beetroot. Someone was talking to me about them the other day and I didn't believe her. Now I do. You have been busy with weddings this year.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!! What a nice surprise from Kate!! I love beets.. ours did quite terrible this year, those look gorgeous.