So many people came to our worknight last night that we had to have some people in a different room! It was great, but a little crazy...
With so many people, we got a lot accomplished. For our string quilt this time we used blue and orange -- Fighting Illini colors because a lot of kids in this area are huge fans. Each block has one strip of Illini fabric, and we'll use a mostly-orange Illini fabric for the backing. I love randomly chosen strings, but sometimes it's fun to have a theme of some sort.
I posted this when half the blocks were made, but now the top is completely pieced and ready to be quilted!
These are oblong blocks that we ask guild members to make of their scraps and then turn in to us. I have two boxes of them! Last night we joined four blocks around a center square and now have quite a few of those big blocks (there are 9 in the photo). We'll get several tops from all the big blocks assembled last night.
And this fish top is done! Yay!!!
Thank you all so much for your suggestions on piecing batting! I am going to try it without the fusible next time.
And I had success at the fabric store looking for more fabric for my twister quilt! Some fabrics are already in there, some are not ... stay tuned!