Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have not been playing catch up on this blog as I had intended, so here's the latest quilt instead. Just finished piecing this top to the size of a baby quilt (currently 36" square). Babies like high contrast, so I figured this would be a good design. I plan to add borders -- I think a very narrow black followed by a larger white & black (lots of white, a very little black) and an occasional wonky red diamond. I made 2-1/2 blocks of this several years ago, but once I decided to finish it, it was very quick.


The back will be fun -- red, white and black elephants! Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What an EXCELLENT baby quilt!

When my sister's second grandchild appears, I really hope I remember your beauty!

Brenda said...

This is fun! Please consider posting this at our string blog, http://stringthingalong.blogspot.com
I can send you an invitation to be an author./Brenda

Libby said...

Lots of fun for a baby!! Love it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

cute!

Cher said...

very fun baby quilt! yes, I am behind on my blog too..thanks so much for sharing

Clare said...

Love it! So far behind on my blog I daren't even restart. Getting side tracked by other things.

Sharon said...

This is great! I love the b&w with the red, and I really like the wonky. Your elephants on the back look perfect to me. They're so cute, and what a great place to put them. Fun on both sides of the quilt!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh YES!

I. LIKE.