Monday, August 20, 2007

Jeff's amazing photos

So much going on! My kids are home visiting (hoorah!), I've pieced a baseball quilt for Project Linus, finished pink for my Stroop quilt, and planned and started a surprise quilt for someone who reads my blog. I'll post photos of those endeavors soon (though the surprise quilt will have to wait awhile). In the meantime I wanted to share a couple photos taken by my nephew-in-law Jeff. He's daddy to Julia and Andrew, who received my most recent I Spy quilt. Among his many other talents, Jeff is an amateur photographer. Well, 'amateur' in the sense that Olympic athletes were considered 'amateur,' since he earns his living at other things. He's a lawyer by day who transforms on the weekend to Phabulous Photographer-man who treks into the wilds of nature and emerges with a camera full of incredible images.


These two photos are from a recent backpacking trip he took to Kearsarge Lake in the eastern Sierras. They took my breath away! Many of his photos have these beautifully clear, crisply clean lines. I think some of them would adapt beautifully to quilts. If you want to see more of Jeff's photos, check out his photo blog, Fleeting Glimpse Photography.

4 comments:

Pam said...

That is an amazing picture of the moon. I enjoyed looking at the pictures on his blog. Thanks for the link. He certainly is a fabulous photographer.

Quilting Pirate said...

what beautiful pictures...just peaceful and so real. He is highly talented. I'm off to check out his blog.

Libby said...

Wow awesome!! I especially love the moon rolling down the mountain, although describing it that way really takes something away from the niceness of the picture :-P

coloredsock said...

wow-wow-wow! these are amazing. i live in the mountains so i know this moon--but it's not so easily recorded. this is inspiring to me, as well as the pottery below. thanks for sharing. you always have such great bits of inspiration--not only for quilters either! :)jenny