Friday, June 27, 2008

Watching Otto's back

What a blast -- I finished piecing the second of four panels on my baby quilt (for little Otto, who was born yesterday!), and then started to work on the back. First, I made him a house with a dragon in the doorway and gumballs on the roof (forgive the blurriness, please...).
And of course, he should have his name on the quilt. What name could be easier to piece than "Otto"?
Time for dinner now, but when I get back to it, he'll have stars and maybe a sun (just thought of that!), plus a tree... and his name ... and ????

I forget, which is the quilt back and which is the front? :)

14 comments:

Toni said...

Ooo ahh fUN! :) I have tried and tried to find that dragon fabric!!! I wanted to use it and would love to get my hands on some....do ya know where you got it? It think the house is cute! Welcome Otto!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a friend who always had backs that were as fancy as the fronts. I think it's neat but usually do simpler pieced backs. I think it works really well on baby quilts because you see both sides as you wrap the baby in it.

jillytacy said...

It looks great! I love the polka dots! Check my blog later I have an award for you.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee, so much fun. this is going to be a smashing quilt.

sewkalico said...

Welcome Otto!! You are going to be one lucky boy to get such a cute quilt!!!!

Joyce said...

So cute! Otto will love it. The fabric in the house is wonderful.

Andrea said...

Lucky Otto - this is going to be brilliant.

TB said...

Most likely Otto will treasure the quilt. I love how the gumballs look so life-like!

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm waiting for the big picture! Otto will love the bright colors right now, and as he grows, he will enjoy the details and learn the words and be glad for you!

jacquie said...

What a great way to welcome Otto. Sounds like you are having so much fun making it for him!

meggie said...

That quilt is a joy & I am sure Otto is going to adore it!
Wonderful fun ideas.
Congratulations on your Beautiful daughter's graduation too. Lovely photographs.

Finn said...

Congratulations on little Otto! I love the quilt and especially the letters and the house *VBS* WHat fun! Hugs, Finn

Finn said...

Congratulations on little Otto! I love the quilt and especially the letters and the house *VBS* WHat fun! Hugs, Finn

Laurel said...

This is the BACK? Wow!