Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Traveling, but ...

What's a vacation without a stop or two at quilt shops, eh? We've been in Beautiful British Columbia for a week and a half and been in three quilt shops, one of them twice. Batiks and Asian fabrics seem to be the rage up here, at least in the three shops I visited. But wow, is fabric pricey north of the border! I did splurge a little in one shop, but not in the others. Can't wait to get home and use the fabric! Wish I'd taken a photo so I could post it now, but I'll do that when I return.

My traveling craft project has been a counted cross stitch I started maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I hadn't gotten beyond the roots of the carrots, but it's almost done now. I photographed it a week ago, before I added any black. See if you can figure out what else might be done to this, and I'll post the finished project when I get home. It was fun to have this on the trip, but quilting beats cross stitch any day!

No comments: