Saturday, August 12, 2006

Lotto star & QU classes

Back to quilting! It's been awhile since I've done any quilting (although, ahem, I have managed to purchase a little fabric ...). I did some cutting and layout for Project Linus, but this star block is the first machine work I've done in a month. It's for block lotto at guild, and that's always a quick project. Background fabric is provided, and you supply your own contrast fabric. I used fabric left from a reversible table runner that I never finished because I didn't like it, but I do like the fabric. These blocks always go together smoothly until near the end, when I find I have bulky seams and don't know what to do with them. I hope to figure that out soon, because I'm taking Myrna Giesbrecht's Press for Success class at Quilt University. Click here to read about the class -- I'm really excited.

I'm also starting Nancy Chong's Celtic Tablerunner class. I love Celtic knotwork, and I've been wanting a project I could take with me when I travel. This may be it. The techniques will work for stained glass quilts, too. Isn't this beautiful fabric? The yellow-gold will be the background, and the patterned fabric (totally scrumptious) will be made into bias strips for the Celtic design.

No comments: