Saturday, June 06, 2009

Catching Up

It always happens -- I put off something that seems like an overwhelming task, and then when I finally bite the bullet and do it, it really isn't so bad. I was way behind in the blog I keep for my guild's Project Linus Committee, Hearts for Linus. My old computer made dealing with photos extremely difficult, so I thought I'd wait until I got my new computer to update that blog. But when I got my new computer, I was soooooo far behind, the I felt overwhelmed and just kept waiting. Finally, yesterday and today, I got caught up! Only took a few hours max.
Because I was catching up on Linus, I didn't work on my own projects. Since I showed you some of the cut strippie quilt kits in the last post, I thought I'd show one of my favorites all made up. These strippies show novelty fabrics off so well, and I had a great time rummaging through our Linus stash of donated fabrics to find things that worked together. It's great practice in design!
I didn't notice until I looked at this photo that the cats look stretched out behind those middle strips! Next time I'll be sure not to put the strips in the order they were cut -- though a kid might have fun looking at that.
And just for fun, here's a close-up of another one with really cute frogs. The colors in the photo are off (that's a beautiful lime green in the middle), but it's still fun.

Tomorrow it's quilting time for MY projects! Stay tuned...

15 comments:

Beena said...

Personally, maybe it's a thing "kids of all ages" will like. I happen to like the effect going on here with the cats. It has a "peek-a-boo" thing going on (laughing). It's really quite cute!

I know what you mean about getting overwhelmed with stuff when you feel like you're behind. I always feel like I'm behind, even when I'm making progress. Because there's always about ten other things that require my attention! Just have to keep on going...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the stretched cats. I think kids will pick up on that right away and be fascinated by it.

floribunda said...

Cute! I had just run across that pattern a couple of days ago (while I was supposed to be working...) so it's fun to see it made up a couple of different ways.

Joyce said...

Very cute fabrics. I like the stretched cats and I'm sure kids will too.

YankeeQuilter said...

I'm sure the kids will love trying to match the cat's head and tail!

Magpie Sue said...

Hope you're having fun today sewing on your own projects! I recognized some of the prints in the kits you made up for your guild. I think I may have to take some time to check out the patterns over on Mary's site. (Can't believe I haven't already done so!)

AnnieO said...

Strippie quilts are a lot of fun to put together. I have made three and all have been completely different. It's a great idea to use the sort of sashing between the prints---clever!

Susan said...

I love the stretched out kitties! It's a great quilt and the colors are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! What a wonderful project.

laura west kong said...

Very cute ~ that's a great quick way to use fun kid's fabrics!

Mary Johnson said...

I love the rainbow strip! One of my favorite ways to make these is to use stripes in the smallest strips.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What nice color combinations, and fabrics.

Browndirtcottage said...

Girl...your 'thump' word is outrageous!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Cher said...

great strippie fun...and what a wonderful "drunkard's" find.

SueR said...

I make alot of Mary's strippies, but I haven't tried one with stripes yet, couldn't envision what that might look like. Well, I like yours, so I'll give that a try. I never get tired of looking at all the different combinations of these strippies!