It always happens -- I put off something that seems like an overwhelming task, and then when I finally bite the bullet and do it, it really isn't so bad. I was way behind in the blog I keep for my guild's Project Linus Committee, Hearts for Linus. My old computer made dealing with photos extremely difficult, so I thought I'd wait until I got my new computer to update that blog. But when I got my new computer, I was soooooo far behind, the I felt overwhelmed and just kept waiting. Finally, yesterday and today, I got caught up! Only took a few hours max.
Because I was catching up on Linus, I didn't work on my own projects. Since I showed you some of the cut strippie quilt kits in the last post, I thought I'd show one of my favorites all made up. These strippies show novelty fabrics off so well, and I had a great time rummaging through our Linus stash of donated fabrics to find things that worked together. It's great practice in design!
I didn't notice until I looked at this photo that the cats look stretched out behind those middle strips! Next time I'll be sure not to put the strips in the order they were cut -- though a kid might have fun looking at that.
And just for fun, here's a close-up of another one with really cute frogs. The colors in the photo are off (that's a beautiful lime green in the middle), but it's still fun.
Tomorrow it's quilting time for MY projects! Stay tuned...