Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gmail inspiration

I sometimes get inspiration from emails, but I never expected it from my email homepage itself. But Gmail has just set up themed pages. I've tried a few, am stopping temporarily at the bus stop page. Look how they write Gmail on it.
And I have the cutest giraffe going up the side, clouds and sunshine at the top, people waiting for the bus across the bottom (don't know how the giraffe will fit in the bus!). Apparently the themed pictures under each topic change depending on the location you enter. I entered my hometown, but I may try to enter another city just for fun.

While I'm at it, I'll put in a plug for Gmail -- best email system ever. It's fabulous! And things like this are just gravy. You get the feeling they love what they do. I love what they do, too!

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

I agree, I love Gmail - I'll have to go play with the themes!

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm with you and Vicki......I LOVE gmail.....already tried a theme....

Gene Black said...

I am "on the bus" I love gmail. I got it very early and gave out a lot of invites to get others using it too. I haven't seen the themed pages. I am going to look NOW.

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm there too! I stopped on the tree. Love it.

Clare said...

Grrrrrrr. I wish I could use Gmail to its full capacity, but for the time being have to put up with using it with my email program. One day!

meggie said...

I have gmail. saw the tree & liked it. Have not tried it yet, but what a great idea.

Toni said...

I agree, I LOVE gmail. I use Outlook to download it from the web, but I can always find my old mail when I'm on another computer!

I love the themes and did you know you can now make webpages with your gmail account?