Yay! The two books I ordered from Gwen Marston finally arrived! It took a very long time, probably because I asked for signed copies. They are wonderful to look through, and I really appreciate the construction tips in the books.
I'm working on a couple things that I can't show photos of yet (gifts), so instead I'll share pics of last Thursday's Project Linus worknight. We made another Heartstrings quilt. (We use the pattern on the Heartstrings Project site, but instead of sending in blocks, we finish the quilts and donate them to our local Project Linus chapter.)
These are fast and fun to make, especially when you have a room full of people whisking those blocks through their machines. Our huge bin of fabric strips is in happy chaos. I had tried to keep the strips organized by color or approximate width, but after every worknight I'd spend hours getting things in order again -- it was so not worth it!
I like to keep our worknight activities varied so we don't get bored. Helen in the UK made a very cute Happy Blocks quilt, which I thought would be another great worknight project. It's a good way to use scraps of novelty fabrics, and it's a simple I Spy for young children.
Our blocks are smaller and we make our quilts a little larger than Helen does, so this is only about half done (and the two blues together will not be together when the blocks are joined!). The blue and yellow border fabrics were donated by the Calico Cat, who very generously sent us a bunch of solids for use in our Project Linus quilts.