Sunday, May 27, 2007

The young and the old

I love three-day weekends! I can't believe I finished piecing this top. Now comes the scary part -- trimming the sides so I can add the border. I always worry that I'll cut it in the wrong spot. Click on the photo to see all the cute prints. A friend brought over a huge bag of novelty prints or I never would have had enough!
And Happy Birthday, Valerie! My younger daughter turns 20 today -- how can that be? Here she is on her 18th birthday -- since she's still at school in California, I don't have one for this year.
It seems ironic to me that I was finishing up a child's quilt on the day that my youngest officially moves beyond the teenage years. I wish I had been a quilter when my own kids were little!

5 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Your daughter is totally beautiful! You did a good job on her, as well as the clever I-Spy quilt. 8-)

I did an I-Spy quilt not too long ago, but I chickened out - made them all squares! LOL You are very courageous and talented.

The Calico Cat said...

Love the I Spy quilt - I worked on one this weekend too. (It is a baby gift, so no photos for a while...) I used an easier pattern...

Helen said...

beautiful i-spy. what is the size of it now?

Vicki W said...

That is a cool quilt! I do love all I-Spy quilts. I'm working on a Cathedral Window version - that was a really stupid idea but it's too far along to stop. Thanks for visiting my blog today so that I could find yours!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fun I-spy. I bet you can have a lot of fun making crumb blocks with all the bits you trim off. Don't throw them away!